Places to Go

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Paris Again

Le Grand Palais, Paris
     Hello World! How have you been? I'm back on the internet....Even though I'm not supposed to be. I'm supposed to be in Normandy sunbathing. But, sometimes plans get spoiled when silly pickpockets steal your wallet which didn't have any money in it but did have your greencard so then you have to return to Paris to go to the American Embassy which ends up telling you it can't help you. Sigh.

AB and AGD sunbathing in Normandy
     Well, now that that's out of the way, let me tell you that otherwise my vacation has been amazing. Awe-inspiringly amazing. I have seen Notre Dame and Mannekin Pis and eaten the most delicious caramelized waffles with dark chocolate sauce and duck breast stuffed with foie gras. Imagine that! I tasted foie gras for the first time. In Normandy, we have made pasta salad with tomato and spinach and it has tasted like the best food in the world, along with epic cheese plates. Hopefully, I will find a way later today to upload pictures to go along with this post so you can see all this bounty.

Pasta Salad in Normandy
     That is a very random assortment of snippets of what I have done. I have barely had time to reflect on this trip myself, so I'm not sure what to tell you yet. For now, I just wanted to let you know I am alive and well, and thank you for still reading this! Hopefully I will have more steady internet in India so I won't disappear for such long periods of time, but I will write at least once more before I leave Paris. Miss you all!

Mannekin Pis in Brussels....he is not very intimidating

No comments:

Post a Comment